POSITIVE ECONOMY FORUM SAN PATRIGNANO – 2015
On April 9th and 10th, the community of San Patrignano hosted once again the Positive Economy Forum. It was the opportunity for more than 1,000 participants to live an outstanding experience by sharing the life of the community during two days, in parallel of conferences and meetings.
Many international personalities, such as Jacques Attali, Letizia Moratti, Indian pioneer Srinivas Venkatram, EY Italia CEO Donato Iacovone, or Finmeccanica CEO Mauro Moretti , have made the trip to San Patrignano to take part in these two exceptional days.
Check out what happened during the forum which has become an economic and social “must-attend” event in Italy!
INSPIRING PERSONALITIES REACHING OUT TO THE PUBLIC AND THE COMMUNITY
This edition included powerful testimonies from international actors:
- A great celebrity in Italy, Diego della Valle, TOD’S founding chairman, shared his commitment as an entrepreneur with the young people from the center during the dinner held on Thursday evening, and advised them to be brave and audacious in their choices.
- After a short movie recounting the story of her life and long time commitment dedicated to women’s rights in conflict zones, the Senegalese pioneer Bineta Diop shared her solid experience in human rights and joyfully exchanged with the community’s residents!
- Dealing with the topic “Which economy to feed the nearly 9 billion people on the planet ? », the closing debate gathered three exceptional personalities: Manoj Juneja, from the UN World Food Programme, Carlo Petrini, founder of the “Slow Food” international movement, and Andrea Illy, CEO of Illycaffè shared their viewpoints on the biggest challenge lying ahead of us: how can we face population pressure while protecting the world’s natural resources for future generations?
You couldn’t take part in the Positive Economy Forum San Patrignano?
All speakers’ videos can be found online on positiveeconomy.co!
GOING IN DEPTH: WHAT PROGRESS FOR THE POSITIVE ECONOMY IN ITALY?
To conclude these two days of brainstorming and discussions in relation to the ten proposals issued after the 2014 edition, Letizia Moratti and Jacques Attali presented the progress made over the past year in Italy: education, entrepreneurship, corporate governance, finance… are fields where many improvements could be observed.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE FORUM?
- To watch again and again: all the videos of talks and round tables are posted online on positiveeconomy.co
- Discover the San Patrignano community