For the 5th year running, the Positive Economy Forum was held on September, 13th – 17th, 2016 in Le Havre. Many outstanding figures took part in the event.
Salman Rushdie, emblematic figure of the fight for freedom of expression, the designer Christian Lacroix, engaged in a fashion social project, Doctor Mukwege, founder and medical director of Panzi Hospital, Susan George, Honorary President of the alter-globalization movement Attac France, Eric Karsenti, Scientific Director of Tara Oceans expedition, Caroline Fourest, figure of the fight against political extremism, Emmanuel Druon, pioneer of the ecolonomy, Edgar Morin, sociologist and philosopher and many more.
Check out all the speakers here!
During 5 days, the Volcan, the Théâtre de l’Hôtel de ville, the Magic Mirrors, the ENSM, the CCI Seine Estuaire and Sciences Po have hosted more than 150 business leaders, NGO leaders, intellectuals and change-makers from across the world.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS 2016 EDITION
5 days of meetings and events for everyone!
Tuesday, 13th, Sept.
- “Carte blanche” to Salman Rushdie + opening cocktail
Wednesday, 14th, Sept.
- Positive Economy Marketplace : companies meet students and social actors to show their engagement and attract young talents
- Children’s Forum and Highschoolers’ Forum
- Positive Cinema special evening
Thursday, 15th, Sept.
- 15 conferences & “meet the speakers” (interactive debate between the public and the speakers), debates, meetings, workshops, face to face
- Meeting and show with the designer Christian Lacroix and a local integration company
- Launching of the webserie “Tour réservoir”
Friday, 16th, Sept.
- 15 conferences & “meet the speakers” (interactive debate between the public and the speakers), debates, meetings, workshops, one-on-one conversations
- Positive actors’ day: discover all the people building the positive economy in Le Havre! 40 local projects will be attending the event, with a local produce market and participative debates
- “Carte blanche” to Alexandre Jardin + Le Havre positive actors’ evening, celebration of Planet Adam’s 10-year anniversary and concert at the Magic Mirrors
- Positive actors’ special evening: Positive Planet Adam 10-year anniversary & concert of a local band at the Magic Mirrors
Saturday, 17th, Sept.
- Literary and philosophical conferences with speakers including Edgar Morin, Caroline Fourest and Christophe André
- Entirely free People’s Banquet of the two-starred Chef Jean-Luc Tartarin with local and sustainable produce
- Positive Port Operation with events including a low-tech expedition with Nomade des mers, construction of a boat in bio-materials and immersion of the Under the Pole robot.
- “Carte blanche” to Eric Karsenti, Golden medal of the CNRS and Scientific Director of the Tara Oceans expedition
- The Hydro Gala at the National Maritime College (ENSM)
CHECK OUT 2015 EDITION’S PHOTOS
OUR MOST POPULAR TALK OF 2015
Emmanuelle Duez on “Generation Z : a generation that is afraid of nothing”